Wednesday, May 17, 2006

couple of cool trax thanx to napster.com

(I should probably point out that in order to hear these, one must "register for free Napster.com service" by giving Napster one's email address & a little more, but it is free, & it's not requiring an intrusive level of info, to me. The offer for which I signed up gives me 5 free online, full-length plays--that is, streaming audio, not to be saved--of every track Napster.com has to offer, advertised at many millions of songs. The actual pay versions of Napster, which do include permanent files to download & save to any media, seem like good deals to me, too, but I have not taken them up on any; & no, I am not being compensated for anything I say here by any sponsors of the advertising sort. Of course these tracks may be found at many other fine music services available online, & one should check out a variety to see what suits.)

Without further ado, here are one old favorite that still shines strangely, & one slightly strange new discovery that shone for an American Idol finalist as well as for its originator:

Buddy Holly by Weezer, from the album Weezer: Still crazymazingly weird after all these years.
What's with these homies dissin' my girl? / Why do they gotta front? / What did we ever do to these guys / That made them so violent?

Black Horse And The Cherry Tree (Radio Version) by K.T. Tunstall, from the album Eye to the Telescope: This singer & her song were new to me when I enjoyed seeing Katharine McPhee belting out something about a black horse & a cherry tree, if I heard her right, on American Idol 2 or 3 weeks ago. I listened to a few other Tunstall tracks on Napster, & read her All Music Guide bio there--very interesting: as a young girl in the 1980's, KT listened to Ella Fitzgerald for singing lessons; & an early favorite album was David Bowie's Hunky Dory! I say, she had better make some music worth a listen! My favorite line is the singer's self-empowering reply to the horse's proposal, "You're not the one for me."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home